The final event for 2019 was held recently where the club took the chance to celebrate a huge 2019 where we achieved lots of our club goals and football performance hit new heights with our Men’s Premier team qualifying for the South Island League and our Men’s Fifths earning promotion to Division Two next via their league win.
On the night at Prize Giving, awards were given for each of our teams, as well as our Club Service Awards, our Fresher of the Year awards and the Life Members Cup for Outstanding Contribution.
The Life Members Cup was awarded to outgoing President, Megan O’Malley which recognised her committed service over a number of years including the last three as President, and previous years as Secretary and committee member.
Six of our Service Awards were given out to those who have now given a five years service to the club, with Angus Pauley, Samuel Reid, Nick Haines-Bellamy, Arnon Tapp, Harry Gaskin and Darren Hart all receiving their awards.
For the Premier Men’s team it was two of our first year players who took home the major awards with Defender Tim O’Farrell named as the Most Valuable Player, with Oban Hawkins being recognised by his team mates as Players Player. The final award for the Premier Men went to Goalkeeper Stewart Catto who was the recipient of the Defensive Player of the Year.
The Premier Women’s Most Valuable Player trophy was retained by Midfielder Lena de Ronde, being recognised for her consistent quality at the heart of our side. Players Player went to Captain Megan O’Malley with her consistency on the field being matched by her ongoing commitment to the team.
For our Second teams, Liam Sercombe was Most Valuable Player and Harry Gaskin Players Player for the Men, with Chelsea Empson name Most Valuable Player and Tessa Dixon Players Player for the Women.
Goal Boot trophies for our top four sides are combined with Men’s Premier team Captain Dom Scahill the winner on 17 goals. For the Women’s Sides it was Meike van der Meer on 19 goals who was the leading scorer.
Our other team award winners were:
- Men’s Thirds MVP: Trent Lynch
- Men’s Thirds Players Player: Jayden Ball
- Women’s Division One Yellow MVP: Libby Antunovic
- Women’s Division One Yellow Players Player: Louise Thorn
- Women’s Division One Blue MVP: Erika Wright
- Women’s Division One Yellow Players Player: Shaz Sandhu
- Women’s Division One Golden Boot: Joyce O’Brien
- Men’s Fourths MVP: Sam Smith
- Men’s Fourths Players Player: Liam McNally
- Men’s Fifths MVP: Oliver Harrop
- Men’s Fifths Players Player: Sam Risbrook
- Men’s Sixths MVP: Connor Putnam
- Men’s Sixths Players Player: Ricardo Garelja
- Men’s Sevenths MVP: Michael Whatnall
- Men’s Sevenths Players Player: Joseph Demetriou
- Men’s Thirds, Fourths and Firths Golden Boot: Andrew Robinson
- Men’s Sixths and Sevenths Golden Boot: Mica Goldsmith
The club was also well represented at the Football South awards night with Dom Scahill sharing the Men’s Premier League Golden Boot Trophy, our Men’s Premier team winning the Fair Play Trophy for the second consecutive year.
Our Men’s Fifths received their Division Three League medals and club members James Coombes and Megan O’Malley received recognition awards from the Football South staff.